In order to support our ongoing growth in Western Canada, the Calgary team seeks a Junior Project Manager to manage existing projects, new projects and to assist in developing the business into new market areas. The role would be a permanent, full time position, based in our downtown Calgary office. Previous experience in the renewable energy industry is required.
- Project management of new and existing projects as well as assisting senior project managers in project delivery of some larger and more complex projects.
- Project scheduling, budgeting, risk tracking.
- Assisting in the preparation of AUC facility applications (Rule 007), potentially including technical assessment and GIS mapping support.
- Stakeholder engagement support, including attendance at open houses.
- Supporting senior staff in business development activities including preparation of tenders and proposals, coordinating and attending meetings and identifying and following new business opportunities.
- Must have a degree qualified in an Environmental, Sustainability or Engineering discipline.
- Client relationships are of great importance to Green Cat and as such a large part of the role will be centered around client relationship management. The candidate must be comfortable in a client facing role and will have prior experience in a consulting environment where this has been a focus.
- Familiarity with principles of project management.
- Experience of AUC Rule 007 permitting
- 5+ years work experience in directly relevant field, strong preference for candidates with existing experience in the wind or solar energy sector.
- Excellent English language communication skills required as well as excellent computer literacy. GIS experience is an asset as well as prior experience of wind farm software packages such as WindFarm, WindFarmer or WindPro.
- Willingness to undertake travel and occasional overnight stays
- Valid Canadian Driver’s License, Passport and right to reside and work in Canada.
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits and RRSP package.
To apply please send a full CV and covering letter to email@example.com by February 28th, 2020. Successful candidates will be contacted for interview in March 2020.