POSTING CLOSED – thank you to all the applicants. Successful candidates will be contacted and interviews scheduled mid September.
To support our ongoing growth in Western Canada, the Calgary team seeks a recent graduate in engineering with a keen interest in renewable and sustainable energy.
- Providing technical consulting support on a range of renewable energy and power generation projects, including wind, solar and battery energy storage. Technical studies will include:
- Noise Impact Assessment
- Shadow Flicker Assessment
- Solar and Wind Resource Assessment
- Solar Glare Hazard Analysis
- Production of Visualizations
- GIS Mapping
- Assisting in the preparation of AUC facility applications (Rule 007).
- Supporting senior engineers in engineering design for renewable energy projects.
- Undertaking field visits during the development and construction phase of projects to support engineering design, technical assessments and project oversight activities.
- Support the wider Green Cat team in business development activities including market research (permitting, interconnections, Federal and Provincial funding and programs), attendance at conferences and preparation of tenders and proposals.
- Must have a minimum of an undergraduate degree in Engineering.
- Strong preference will be given to candidates with experience or exposure to the renewable or sustainable energy sector. Familiarity with the basic principals of renewable energy development is essential.
- Excellent English language communication skills required as well as excellent computer literacy, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience using ArcGIS and/or AutoCAD is preferred.
- Client relationships are of great importance to Green Cat and as such the candidate must be comfortable in a client facing role.
- Proactive, adaptable mind-set with a willingness to work independently or as part of a team.
- Willingness to undertake travel and occasional overnight stays.
- Valid Canadian Driver’s License, Passport and right to reside and work in Canada.
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits and RRSP package.
The successful candidate will contribute to a broad range of industry specific deliverables during the early years of employment. Green Cat Renewables will support career progression and specialization (such as working towards P.Eng) of the successful candidate.
To apply, please send a full CV (maximum 2 pages) and covering letter to email@example.com by September 7th , 2020. Applications without a covering letter will not be considered. Successful candidates will be contacted for interview in September 2020.