To support our ongoing growth in Western Canada, the Calgary team is currently seeking a Lead Electrical Engineer.
Lead all electrical engineering requirements, while providing support to other project development tasks. Typical tasks may include:
- Thermal and voltage design calculations.
- Line loss and fault level calculations.
- Preparation of inter-connection applications.
- Drafting and review of RFP packages.
- Modelling and sizing of storage technologies.
- Prepare,review, sign-off and stamp electrical design drawings.
- Problem solving, in conjunction with the network operator to determine ways of mitigating and minimizing grid connection constraints.
- Liaison with both transmission network operators and distribution facility operators during all phases of project development.
- Other project development support tasks will be required by the role to support business needs
- A degree in Electrical Engineering and registration in Alberta as a P. Eng.
- Willingness to acquire Professional Engineering licensure in other jurisdictions and to represent the company as a Permit Holder for APEGA (and other jurisdictions).
- Proactive, adaptable mind-set with a willingness to work independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent English language communication skills required, as well as good computer literacy, leadership, organizational, mentoring and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess a valid Canadian driver’s license, passport and the right to reside and work in Canada.
- Close cooperation and collaboration with the UK engineering team will be required.
- Willingness to travel when required.
- Experience in the wind and solar energy sector including an in-depth understanding of the design and construction of renewable energy projects.
- Understanding generation and power usage characteristics of renewable and alternative energy sector.
- Project development and management experience in the North American power market.
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, vacation and retirement package.
To apply, please send a full CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 25th, 2019.
Select candidates will be contacted during late March and asked to interview during early April.