POSTING CLOSED – thank you to all the applicants, select candidates will be contacted during late March and asked to interview during early April.
To support our ongoing growth in Western Canada, the Calgary team is currently seeking a Lead Electrical Engineer.
Lead all electrical engineering requirements, while providing support to other project development tasks. Typical tasks may include:
- Thermal and voltage design calculations.
- Line loss and fault level calculations.
- Preparation of inter-connection applications.
- Drafting and review of RFP packages.
- Modelling and sizing of storage technologies.
- Prepare,review, sign-off and stamp electrical design drawings.
- Problem solving, in conjunction with the network operator to determine ways of mitigating and minimizing grid connection constraints.
- Liaison with both transmission network operators and distribution facility operators during all phases of project development.
- Other project development support tasks will be required by the role to support business needs
- A degree in Electrical Engineering and registration in Alberta as a P. Eng.
- Willingness to acquire Professional Engineering licensure in other jurisdictions and to represent the company as a Permit Holder for APEGA (and other jurisdictions).
- Proactive, adaptable mind-set with a willingness to work independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent English language communication skills required, as well as good computer literacy, leadership, organizational, mentoring and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess a valid Canadian driver’s license, passport and the right to reside and work in Canada.
- Close cooperation and collaboration with the UK engineering team will be required.
- Willingness to travel when required.
- Experience in the wind and solar energy sector including an in-depth understanding of the design and construction of renewable energy projects.
- Understanding generation and power usage characteristics of renewable and alternative energy sector.
- Project development and management experience in the North American power market.
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, vacation and retirement package.
To apply, please send a full CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 25th, 2019.
Select candidates will be contacted during late March and asked to interview during early April.