Planning, Consenting & operations
Through our dedicated team of noise specialists and acoustic engineers, Green Cat has developed significant experience of noise impact assessment for renewable energy projects which is an essential part of the consenting process.
Our noise team have supported in the delivery of 250+ wind projects through the consenting phase in addition to providing ongoing technical support and compliance noise monitoring through the operational phase.
Our noise assessments are conducted in accordance with recognized industry best practice and criteria.
Our capabilities and experience includes:
- Measurement of wind turbine sound power levels
- Identifying faults using noise measurement
- Construction noise assessment
- Compliance measurement and assessment
- Designing noise insulation solutions for plant enclosures
- Assessment of amplitude modulation for wind turbines using audio recording for noise source validation
- Noise mitigation design involving liaising with wind turbine manufacturers
- Technical reporting
- Noise Impact Assessment involving:
- Desktop scoping study to discover noise constraints at an early stage.
- ISO 9613:2 modelling of the potential noise levels at nearby properties.
- Liaising with regulatory authorities to determine noise monitoring requirements including the production of noise contour maps.
- Cumulative noise assessment to determine the capacity of a site, influenced by neighbouring developments, to accommodate the proposed development.