Our team of experienced engineers and technical staff provide the full range of support services in the development, construction and delivery phase of renewable energy projects. The scope of work is always tailored to each project and client, this is crucial in the current renewables climate to ensure an economical delivery of projects. Our team of engineers and project managers have extensive experience working with and managing project stakeholders, inclusive of regulatory authorities, public bodies, landowners, communities, private developers and investors. We have long established working relationships with; highly specialist private consultants and contractors; wind turbine suppliers such as Enercon, Nordex Acciona, Siemens Gamesa, EWT, Senvion and Vensys; Solar EPC contractors such as Grupotec, and hydro turbine suppliers such as Gilkes, Hydrohrom and Cink.
Our experience and understanding of design and management of contracts, regulatory authority expectations and environmental conditions, coupled with our team of experienced technical staff enables Green Cat to quickly find effective solutions to manage the delivery and build-out phase. Roles and tasks we regularly fulfill as Client Engineer include:
- Project Management – Our team of project managers have built a broad range of experience through the construction of over 100 renewable energy projects, this experience helps us to foresee, and mitigate, risks before they become critical or cause delay to projects. We also have considerable experience working with permitting and regulatory authorities. The combination of in-depth knowledge and established relationships helps us to guide projects through development and construction efficiently.
- Detailed Design – Our engineers are experienced in the design and optimisation of wind, solar or hydro projects over many scales and locations, with often very specific site-specific challenges. The process of good design is an iterative one which utilises the results of site-specific environmental assessment work, GIS constraints mapping, observations from site visits and site investigation, buildability, stakeholder and regulatory authority input, public engagement, input from the technology provider and the resource of the site.
- Management of Competitive Tendering – Our engineers and project managers have extensive experience helping developers negotiate competitive tender processes, providing assistance from the drafting of procurement documents (Invitation to Tenders, Requests for Purchases, etc), to setting eligibility criteria and the evaluation of competitive tender responses.
- Design and Management of Contracts – We have experience in assisting developers with selection of appropriate standard form contracts, inclusive of the drafting of a scope of works appropriate to the project, and delivery mechanism (e.g. Design and Build, or EPC).
- Supervision of Works on Site – Including the review of compliance against contract documentation, oversight of Contractors Quality, Health, Safety and Environment (QHSE) upkeep, assistance in co-ordination of onsite works, and any third party stakeholders.
- Grid Interconnection Management – Our in house grid advisors have built up a broad range of experience across all types of renewables, and are available to provide technical expertise and advice on all aspects of project interconnection.
- Assistance with Financial Close – Helping developers achieve requirements to access their funding/reach financial close.